I didn’t do very well with keeping my gratitude list this week. Maybe this is the reason that I have been feeling so down…? And while I could beat myself up and focus on my shortcoming (and this would be my tendency), I’m going to choose to be grateful for God’s amazing grace and understanding. He knows that I struggled this week, but He loves me the same. And a new week is ahead of me – a new chance to focus on things to be thankful for. 🙂
Here are just a few things that I recorded, for which I am grateful:
- Getting me through work even though I was really tired. God did that just about every day this week – for some reason the sleep I got and the coffee I drank were not enough…but God helped me.
- That our dog, Daisy, is okay. She has had an upset stomach, so we took her to the vet. They gave us some medicine for her and told us to put her on a bland diet for a week or so. But they couldn’t find anything major wrong with her during her examination. We’re praying she feels better soon!
- The opportunity to write. I am SO blessed to be able to share my heart and to know that there are people out there who read and understand…and care.
- Safety. I take it for granted so often. Every time I get in the car and drive somewhere, there is the possibility of an accident. But God has chosen to keep me safe, and I praise Him.
- That nothing terribly bad happened this week. Okay, so maybe I didn’t do a good job at keeping my gratitude list…but one thing I can be grateful for is that God didn’t allow anything horrible to happen over the past few days. Now if it did, He would still be God and He would still be good – and I would have to respond in a way that pleases Him. But He was gracious and gave us a fairly good week, and for this I am thankful.
That’s it for this week! Thanks so much for reading, and I would appreciate prayers for increased consistency in recording the many blessings He sends, as well as keeping a positive perspective. ❤
Photos by: Crystal Knauss