What causes me to unravel?
That’s a great question! And a question that I have never really asked myself before. So now is as good a time as ever! 🙂 Here are some things that induce a melt-down…or a mini-meltdown.
- Situations where I’m among a large crowd of people (okay, so even a semi-large crowd is difficult for me). This causes me a lot of anxiety.
- When I’ve lost something and have looked everywhere I can think of for it, but still can’t find it.
- Incorrect grammar. Okay, so maybe it doesn’t cause me to unravel, as I know I use incorrect grammar myself sometimes. But it bugs me. 😉
- Not getting enough sleep. It’s so hard to face the day when you tossed and turned the night before.
- Not “matching.” If I’m wearing black pants, I need to wear black shoes and carry a black purse to match.
- Something not being finished. Whether it be a thought, a blog post I’m writing, a conversation, a task I was working on…it bothers me to not have things completed.
- Hot and humid weather. Ugh! I’m a mild weather kind of girl – I like the Spring and the Fall. But when it’s hot and muggy and sweat is rolling down my back? Yeah, I’m done.
- When someone I love is hurting. This is a big one. I can’t stand it when a family member or friend is experiencing a really difficult time. Especially when I can’t do much to help!
- Decisions. Big or small, I struggle with them all.
- When I do something that I shouldn’t have done…like sleep all morning. I tend to beat myself up and it spirals downward.
So those are some of the things that cause me to unravel. What causes YOU to unravel? And what (or who) helps to bring you back to sanity?
I’m grateful for a God and for family and friends who point me back in the right direction. ❤